CSR AT A GLANCE!
Central Sugars Refinery (CSR) (99042-V) commenced business in 1965 under the name of "United Malay State Sugar Industries" with an initial raw melting capacity of 150 metric tonnes a day. Today, after decades of expansion and modernisation, the refinery achieves a melting capacity of 1,800 metric tonnes a day - a singular feat that can be solely attributed to the dedication and commitment of our employees.
Situated at Batu Tiga, Shah Alam in Selangor with a land area of about 66,320 sq metres (16.4 acres), CSR(99042-V) was initially led by a group of Taiwanese investors when it was established. The major controlling stakeholders, however, were Malaysians, who comprised more than 55% of the shareholding.
In 1968, a corporate maneuver resulted in the takeover of the Company by Malayan United Industries Berhad (known as MUI). Central Sugars Berhad (CSB) was thus listed as a public-listed company under the flagship of the MUI Group of Companies with a paid-up share capital of RM30 million floated in the then Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (KLSE).
Subsequently, in early 1983, CSB was de-listed from the KLSE Main Board due to a corporate maneuver by Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNB). On March 23rd 1983, Central Sugars Refinery Sdn Bhd (CSRSB) was incorporated to take over CSB assets. The holding company is Tradewinds (M) Berhad, a public-listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia.
CSRSB's authorised capital is RM50 million with a paid-up capital of RM33 million.
To become the leading sugar refinery in Malaysia by 2020
We are committed to achieve our vision
- Providing premium quality products and services to our customers at competitive price
- Providing sound technical expertise and customisation
- Optimising and creating long term value to our stake holders
- Fostering sustainable development
- BBelieve in self and be confident to attain individual and corporate goals
- EEncourage an enterprising spirit by being innovative and knowledgeable as to foster a sense of belonging
- SSupport with care as to strengthen team building
- TTrust and instill integrity and accountability by having confidence in people responsible for the tack